The fraudster poses as a representative of ADNOC Distribution, pretending to offer an opportunity to contract with ADNOC Distribution. This is either to provide goods or services to ADNOC Distribution or to propose an investment opportunity. Often - but not always - the fraud involves a request for you to pay money to them in order to win the contract or participate in the investment.
ADNOC Distribution will never ask for money from a third party to participate in its procurement process or in order to be considered for a business or investment opportunity.
What Should I Do?
Always remember – if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Use your common sense:
• Do not respond to unsolicited business propositions from sources you cannot independently verify as being legitimate.
• Do not provide personal or financial details to anyone you do not know or trust, or on a website you do not trust.
• Be alert for suspicious signs that the email may not an authentic ADNOC Distribution account:
- poor use of language;
- use of e-mail addresses like yahoo.com, gmail.com, hotmail.com. ADNOC Distribution emails will only ever come from @adnocdistribution.ae;
- requests for money to be paid in advance;
- contact through social websites such as Facebook etc.
• Be suspicious when dealing with anyone who does not have a direct telephone line / who never answer when you call their number, but return your call later (from a different number).
• Always independently verify the legitimacy of any business or investment opportunity before you take any decision.
ADNOC Distribution maintains a professional LinkedIn account - all correspondence will always come from an @adnocdistribution.ae email address.
You can notify us of any suspected business scam by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Consider if it’s appropriate to notify local law enforcement in your area if you are the victim of an attempted scam.
Fake Business Propositions are not authorized or connected in any way with ADNOC Distribution. ADNOC Distribution is not responsible for them. This means ADNOC Distribution has no responsibility for any action you take in connection with a scam. We won’t be liable for any loss you suffer in connection with a scam.