Vehicle inspections & tests
We provide a wide range of vehicle inspections that are compulsory when you renew your car registration, buy a second-hand car, import a car, change vehicle’s chassis or engine, or are requested by the police to change your vehicle’s tyres.
Customer journey & costs
- Visit any VIC during working hours, Check if you have any fines linked to the car that you are planning to register and pay them
- Drive your car through the test lane.
- Testing is required if your vehicle is older than three years. Go directly to the office and take a ticket to queue if your vehicle is less than three years old
- Vehicle testing takes approximate 10 min (excluding queuing time)
- Obtain your vehicle test certificate.
- If your vehicle passes, you are given a vehicle test certificate.
- If it fails, you must repair any required parts and revisit the test lane before your current registration expires.
- Upon receiving the vehicle test certificate, take a ticket and wait till your turn comes
- Buy your car insurance and obtain the vehicle insurance certificate
- Obtain vehicle registration card from the Police office or service machine
Make sure you have the following:
- your old car registration card
- your Emirates ID
- your valid UAE driving licence
- the vehicle insurance certificate
- the vehicle test certificate.
You will then be issued a new registration card and given a little sticker to put on your license plate.
Important note regarding fines:
- You will not be able to renew (or transfer an existing registration to you) if there are any outstanding traffic fines against the existing registration.
- This is VERY IMPORTANT if you are buying a used car. The fines will need to be paid in advance of the renewal date.
- Click here to check for fines against your vehicle registration.
- AED 165 for the vehicle test
- AED 50 for vehicle retest (2 times by AED 50)
- AED 40 for changing information and permit services
- AED 40 for certificate reprint
- AED 495 UAE Standards Test